Cohesive conversations eCourse
This 2 month eCourse is aimed at business leaders, managers and emerging leaders who have to deal with people daily. It is a truly unique communication course tailored to your workplace needs.
We start with an initial consult where we identify your workplace communication needs. At the ends of this session we schedule times for your video recorded communication review (week 1) and debrief (Week 2).
You then start your foundation subjects (Week 3, 4 & 5) where communication is strip bare. In doing so people often discover in these foundations subjects where many of their conversations go astray.
Your foundations subjects are:
Communication purpose and preferences – we have all been there, you are deep into a conversation only to discover you are not talking to the same purpose. Learn the 5 purposes of communication. Here we explore how are personal preferences can have us at odds with others and how you can be in conflict before you even start talking.
Communication triggers and leeway zones – we all have triggers and in turn we unconsciously create leeway zones. Those who seem to easily find our triggers are often rewarded with little or no leeway. Here we explore the impact of unconscious reactions and learn skills of how to respond verses reacting.
Communication patterns and language congruency –
Week 6, 7 and 8 is were you select which is your elective subject.
Elective subjects include:
- Manage inappropriate workplace behaviours
- Manage conflict situations
- Lead through uncertain times
- Lead out-of-the box thinking
- Lead with credibility and influence
The next course starts on the 6 June 2016.
Here’s everything you get:
- Weekly bite sized video’s training to make creating Cohesive Conversations simpler and easier
- Weekly tasks with a simple achievable task to embed your learning and contextualise to your work
- Access to me via private chat room, where you can ask questions and get extra tips
- Cohesive Communications techniques explained in simple practical steps
- Strategies and techniques for initiating conversations so people have an open mind to what you are saying
- Links to useful tools, articles and techniques that align with your specific needs
Call or email Tess for a confidential and free discussion around your communication needs and how to best personalise your training.